Vision & values
Mission, vision and ethos
We understand that young people and their families may arrive at The Cavendish School with a poor previous experience of education. Some will have experienced bullying and may have little trust in education. We also know that children and young people with autism often struggle with anxiety and frustrations.
Our vision is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which students can enjoy learning, achieve their potential and develop the key skills they need to thrive as independent, emotionally and socially confident young adults in an international arena.
We will achieve this through our mission of enabling the self. Simply put, this means that we are creating learning that allows our students to become happy, healthy adults who:
- Flourish and thrive
- Are independent and self-advocate
- Are employed
- Achieve their aspirations
- Can be fully immersed in their communities
To achieve this we will provide a safe, nurturing space alongside an inclusive and comprehensive offering of support so that all of our students thrive. We will take a holistic approach to education with an emphasis on pupils’ social and emotional wellbeing as well as communication development.
We will build a strong community and network so that we not only provide an excellent facility for our students but also support other schools in providing exceptional provision for their own students with autism.
Our aim is to be an outstanding and inspiring learning community that is truly inclusive, innovative, impactful and international:
- Inclusive – embracing and supporting all students to achieve highly
- Innovative – challenging and supporting all members of the community to look forward with confidence and to be at the forefront of education thinking and achievement
- Impactful – supporting inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural and neurodiversity understanding and respect
- International – developing and adopting a global outlook and encouraging all members to acquire international-mindedness
If you have a question, or would like further information on the aims and background of The Cavendish School, please get in touch.
Our mission is ‘enabling the self’, which means that we aim to provide our students with the skills, confidence and abilities to take their place in the world. Our vision is to provide a safe and nurturing environment and build an inspirational culture in which students can enjoy learning, achieve their potential and develop the key skills they will need to thrive as independent adults.
An International Baccalaureate Specialist School
Together they make a full set of strategies and skills to enable our children to be themselves and thrive in all the situations that life can throw at them!